For increased security, we recommend that you use our secure (SSL) servers, as detailed below.
To set up Outlook for Mac 2011, perform the following steps:
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011. From the Outlook drop-down menu in the top bar, select Preferences.
- On the Outlook Preferences menu, under the Personal Settings header, click Accounts.
- On the Accounts screen, select E-mail Account.
- Enter your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) and password. Click Add Account.
- Once your email address and password is entered, the box will expand. Enter the following information into the expanded screen:
- User Name— Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Type—Select POP from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming mail server—Enter the secure server name:
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)—Enter the secure server name:
- Check the Use SSL to connect (recommend) box.
- Click Add Account and Confirm changes and close.
- Note: A POP connection removes the email messages from the server during download. If you would like to leave copies on the server, click Advanced and check the Leave a copy of messages on server check box. Click OK.